- If the Braves can sign Rafael Furcal, expect them to turn Yunel Escobar or Kelly Johnson in a trade for a pitcher Zack Greinke. Greinke went 13-10 with a 3.47 ERA and 183 K for the Royals last season, and could improve by a switch to the National League.
- The Pirates are reportedly targeting free agent flamethrower Daniel Cabrera, in hopes that a change of scenery could turn his erratic career around. I have heard a few executives mention the possibility of trying him as a reliever, but he is young enough to receive another opportunity to start.
- The Mets are targeting free agent pitcher Tim Redding, who went 10-11 with the Nationals last season.
- The Twins are reportedly expressing interest in a trade for Mariners third baseman Adrian Beltre.
- The Orioles, who make their Spring Training home in Fort Lauderdale, are reportedly a top free agent catcher Matt Treanor's list.
- The Nationals are interested in Orlando Hudson and Adam Dunn if they cannot sign Mark Teixeira. They have the money, especially because Hudson and Dunn might come somewhat cheaper than expected.
This story was approved by MLB Rumors.