This story was approved by MLB Rumors.
- Jon Heyman is reporting that five teams have expressed interest in Ken Griffey Jr. The Rays and Mariners are among the five teams, but the other three are not known. His agent did say that there was one more AL team, and the other two were NL teams. Nothing will happen till Bradley, Burrell, and Abreu sign.
- The Braves, Phillies, Mets, Red Sox, and an unknown team are in on Derek Lowe, who is reportedly seeking 16 million dollars annually. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the unknown team is the Brewers, who are desperate for pitching help after missing out on CC Sabathia.
- The Kyodo News is reporting that the Lotte Mariners are pursuing free agent infielder Tadahito Iguchi.
- Jake Peavy talks are probably on hold till Jeff Moorad is in as their new owner. However, the Braves and Cubs are both in a position to renew talks. ESPN.com's Buster Olney suggests the Braves sign Orlando Cabrera and trade Yunel Escobar in a trade for Peavy.
- Teams are concerned about Ben Sheets, Buster Olney is reporting.
- There is no clear suitor for Andruw Jones, and it will probably be a tough trade, especially if the Dodgers do not take on most of his 5 million dollars. He might be released and be forced to take a minor league deal.