Here are some links compiled from this Tuesday afternoon:
- The Kyodo News is reporting that the Hanshin Tigers are interested in signing now free agent catcher Kenji Johjima. Johjima decided to opt out of the final two years of his contract yesterday.
- Tim Hardicourt is reporting that Brewers have officially signed pitching coach Rick Peterson. The Brewers hope that Peterson can straighten out the pitching staff, starting with getting pitcher Yovani Gallardo back on track to be the teams ace.
- The Rockies plan to announce long-term extensions for GM Dan O'Dowd and manager Jim Tracy. Both well deserving, in my opinion.
- The Boston Herald continues to follow Jed Hoyer and the Padres GM search. Hoyer is believed to be the favorite for the job.
- Joel Sherman of the NY Post has a piece about MLB possibly investigating whether or not Mariano Rivera spit on a ball before the tenth inning in Game 3. He has a video, but it is inconclusive. Still, Mariano Rivera has pitched in some of the most watched baseball games to date. Could he really have stayed under-the-radar all this time? Highly unlikely.
- The Phillies certainly have the momentum in the NLCS while the Yankees have a 2-1 lead over the Angels. Both are very exciting series' that are setting up for another epic World Series. Who do you guys like? Phillies vs. Angels? Phillies vs. Yankees? Will the Dodgers pull off a miraculous comeback? Let's hear some of your thoughts.