This place is so big, I've probably walked over a mile and it is only 11! As managers and executives start showing up, it is starting to look like the Winter Meetings of Las Vegas or Nashville. Here's what making news now:
- The agent of Doug Davis is reporting that several teams are interested in his client. One source informed me that the Brewers remain interested in Davis, but are not as confident about landing him as previously reported. GM Doug Melvin reportedly has his sights set on Joel Piniero and/or Randy Wolf.
- Accidental eavesdropping, I swear... The Dodgers have received inquiries for set up man George Sherrill. The Dodgers are certainly looking for a starting pitcher in return, so teams like the Braves, Rays, or Reds could be interested.
- Bob Nightengale reports that the Tigers are likely to move Edwin Jackson sooner than later. The Mariners are still interested, and the Dodgers could be as well. Perhaps Sherrill could be included in that deal.
- The Mets are reportedly interested in Royals starter Gil Meche. This is a perfect opportunity for the Royals to try and ship out Mike Jacobs as well. The Mets are in need of a first baseman, and Jacobs would fit the bill, at least in the short-term. Clearing some payroll is one of the Royals' goals this offseason, and Meche would help considering he is owed 2 years and 24 million dollars.
- Talks between the Cubs and Rays are starting to dissolve, according to sources. "They're not dead," he said. It is possible the Rays and Mets will discuss a swap for Luis Castillo, which could entice the Cubs to rekindle talks with the Rays.
- The Mariners are renegotiating with free agent Russell Branyan. He may be in line for a two year deal.
- Yankee pitcher Brian Bruney is all but an Atlanta Brave, according to the New York Post.
- The Dodgers are interested in free agent Nick Green.
- The Rockies requested the medical records for Justin Duchscherer, but the A's remain interested and appear to be the favorites for his services.
All right, back to the war room. Talk to you guys when I know more. Keep checking my Twitter on the right side of the page!