Here are some highlights:
For the Full transcript you can read here (remember you must be an ESPN insider)
- Olney says several baseball people have arrived in Toronto today to watch Halladay pitch.
- In order to get the best possible deal Olney feels the Jays have to trade Halladay within the next 12 days or they may wind up with much less from teams like the Dodgers, Angels and Phillies.
- Olney says the Jays should learn from the Twins who traded Johan Santana far too late, and received little guaranteed major league players in return. The Twins obtained Carlos Gomez, Phillip Humber, Kevin Mulvey, and Deolis Guerra, none of whom are contributing on the big league level.
- As long as Brian Cashman is GM of the Yankees there is almost no way the Yankees make a deal for Halladay.
- The Mets would love to have Halladay, but they don't have the prospects.
- The Dodgers also would love to have Halladay but they aren't going to part with pitcher Clayton Kershaw.
- The Jays won't be able to sign Halladay, and Olney believes he has given the team all indication (respectfully) he doesn't want to return to Toronto.