- White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf told me that he is confident his team will sign Paul Konerko despite reports that he has another multi-year offer on the table.
- Sources indicate that Matt Diaz is drawing interest from five teams, with the Red Sox being one of those teams.
- Multiple sources believe that the Nationals have not extended a seven-year offer to Cliff Lee. The Yankees and Rangers are both willing to sign him for six.
- The Cubs met with Brandon Webb's agent today.
- The Orioles are getting into progressively deeper talks with the Braves regarding Kenshin Kawakami.
Jorge Cantu is drawing interest from at least five teams.
- Gracing the lobby are the likes of Gary Sheffield, Fred McGriff, Greg Maddux (now advisor to the Cubs), among others.
- The Phillies met with the agent of Dennys Reyes.
- The Rays and Orioles are discussing multiple trades involving Jason Bartlett.
- The Mets spoke with free agent veteran Freddy Garcia, among others.
Boof Bonser is finding considerable interest on the open market.
- The Yankees, White Sox, and Reds have all expressed interest in Kerry Wood.
All right, back to the lobby. See you in a few.