- The Diamondbacks have signed pitcher Rodrigo Lopez to a minor league deal. Lopez could compete out of the end of the rotation or the bullpen.
- FOX SPORTS is reporting that the Dodgers are closing in on a minor league deal with free agent infielder Alfredo Amezega. He could compete for time at second base.
- The Giants have signed reliever Guillermo Mota to a minor league deal with an invitation to Spring Training. The former Dodgers reliever has a good chance of breaking camp this season.
- The Dodgers re-signed Jeff Weaver to a minor league contract. He will, again, compete for a back of the rotation spot.
- Remember this guy? The Nationals have come to terms with free agent outfielder Kevin Mench on a minor league deal. Mench did not play in 2009, and hasn't been the player fans saw hit 51 home runs in his first two seasons. He'll likely see most of his time at Triple-A this year.
- The Cubs and Kevin Millar agreed to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training. Not too sure how Millar fits into their plans, but he is a good clubhouse guy who can still hit the ball every now and then.
- The Dodgers signed 36-year old free agent Ramon Ortiz to a minor league contract. He's another low-cost addition to give the team some much needed depth.
- The Phillies signed Luis Maza and Freddy Guzman to minor league deals. These guys will likely spend most of their time at Triple-A.
- The Blue Jays signed Wade Townsend to a minor league deal. He's still recovering from surgeries that plagued his 2009 season.
Courtesy of Rotoworld.com