Some of the latest from around the NL:
- Ken Rosenthal from FOX Sports says that the Florida Marlins will meet with Mark Buehrle today. Yesterday we learned that they are pursuing left handed pitchers.
- Rosenthal also says that the Washington Nationals will make a hard push for Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Roy Oswalt. The Nationals have been known to make big deals, like with Jayson Werth last off season.
- Keith Law of ESPN looks at three NL shortstops (Alex Gonzalez, Yuinkesky Betancourt and Willie Bloomquist) who probably will be overpaid this winter.
- Jon Heyman os SI.com says that the Philadelphia Phillies have been in talks with Boston Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon. They have also been trying to negotiate with Ryan Madson.
- Rob Bradford of WEEI.com says that Terry Francona will interview for the St.Louis Cardinals managerial sport this afternoon.
- Jerry Cransick of ESPN wonders if the Jonathan Sanchez trade for the San Francisco Giants puts more pressure of left handed pitcher Barry Zito.
- Buster Olney of ESPN says that the trade talks for the Giants and Royals started about five weeks ago.