Links from around the American League.
- The New York Yankees have reached out to many free agents, but have not made any offers according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News.
- Dave Cameron of U.S.S Mariner says that the Seattle Mariners could look to trade for former NL MVP and Cincinnati Reds first baseman Joey Votto.
- Kansas City Royals GM Dayton Moore told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star that the Royals have to give Lorenzo Cain a chance to play. The spot was cleared for Cain when the Royals traded Melky Cabrera to the San Francisco Giants for Jonathan Sanchez on Monday.
- MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan says that the Texas Rangers are aggressively pursuing free agents, especially starters and closers. Some names mentioned were Mark Buehrle, Roy Oswalt and Edwin Jackson.
- Alex Speir of WEEI.com looks at what Ryan Madson's deal with the Philadelphia Phillies impacts fellow free agent closer Jonathan Papelbon, and his team from 2011, the Boston Red Sox.