Update 12:35AM: Scott Miller of CBSSports says that Cardinals, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Rays, and Indians are all seriously in the mix for Beltrán...and there might be a mystery club! I would be disappointed if there wasn't a mystery club.
12:00AM EST: The Cleveland Indians are now pursuing Carlos Beltrán, according to Buster Olney via twitter. This comes on top of rumors that Scott Miller of CBSSports from earlier that already has offers of two and three years, presumably with either the St. Louis Cardinals and the Toronto Blue Jays:
- Twitter / @Buster_ESPN - "The Indians have jumped into the Carlos Beltran negotiations."
- Twitter / @ScottMCBSSports - "Carlos Beltran hopes tomake decision this week. Cardinals & Blue Jays among most aggressive. Has 2 and 3 yr offers."
- Twitter / @ScottMCBSSports "Beltran choice appears to be weighing city he prefers to play in vs. larger avg annual value contract"
- Carlos Beltran Rumors: Cardinals, Blue Jays Interested - MLB Daily Dish
With several top names off the table already -- Albert Pujols, Jose Reyes, CJ Wilson, Jimmy Rollins, Aramis Ramirez -- Carlos Beltran is one of the best remaining free agents. He hasn't generated interest from many teams, partly because there aren't many teams with a corner outfield void that are willing to spend big on him; nonetheless, the Cardinals and Blue Jays appear to be in on the 34-year-old.
- Carlos Beltrán: Cardinals vs. Blue Jays - Baseball Nation
According to one report, two of Carlos Beltrán's enthusiastic suitors are Toronto and St. Louis. But which of those teams really needs the free-agent right fielder?