Two of the big free agents this off season are Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols, here are some rumors from them and other first basemen from around the league.
- Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi both say that the Miami Marlins have shown interest in Fielder, though they feel internally like Pujols is a safer bet.
- Buster Olney of ESPN says that the Milwaukee Brewers are willing to give Fielder six years and $120 million.
- Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe thinks up some Boston Red Sox trade ideas, and mentions that some teams may want to use Kevin Youkilis as a first baseman.
- Jeff Sullivan of Baseball Nation says that the Washington Nationals may not be an option for Fielder, as people within the teams have said it won't happen.
- Andrew Humphries from Let's Go Tribe wonders if the Cleveland Indians could use Jason Donald at first base this season.
- Mark Sheldon of MLB.com says that Joey Votto and Yonder Alonso are not bothered by trade rumors.