Let's catch up with the with Prince Fielder rumors. Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Chicago Cubs will go higher dollars, lower years. Carrie Muskat notes that no 'process' has actually begun with the Cubs, and as Olney said yesterday, the Brewers are likely out, leaving the Cubs to compete primarily with the Mariners, who Jim Bowden says is now the front-runner:
- Twitter / @Jon_Heyman - "Prince field of suitors may start to be winnowed down soon. Too early to say who leads. #cubs, many others in."
- Twitter / @Ken_Rosenthal - "Sources: #Cubs' interest in Fielder is on shorter deal, not eight or nine years. Would pay high dollars in exchange for shorter term. #MLB"
- Twitter / @CarrieMuskat - "Sveum says no talks re: #Cubs getting Prince Fielder. 'We're not in any kind of 'process' talking to him or anything like that.'"
- Sveum talks Brewers, Prince Fielder - Brew Beat
"He’s one of those players who comes around once in a while, once in a lifetime," Sveum said. "He should have played the game in the 1950s and 60s and 70s, when guys played every day and they played as hard as they possibly could every single day, they cared about winning and cared about their teammates. Prince is all of those things."
- Twitter / @JimBowdenESPNxm - "Mariners are now front=runners on Fielder with Milw,Cubs & Tor all wanting shorter term deals
Don't forget to follow us on your iPhone, on Facebook, Twitter, and RSS: