Sounds like the Rangers could potentially move Koji Uehara to make room for Andrew Bailey, but the Rangers reportedly balked at Oakland's asking price. We're also seeing rumors that the Rangers are still working on CJ Wilson (reportedly meeting with his agent tonight | Crasnick) and have offered him $60M for 4 years (Heyman).
Instant Update: Wilson's agent says the meeting went well and he was "pleasantly surprised:"
Wilson's agent pleased with meeting - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas
"C.J. Wilson's agent, Bob Garber, said late Tuesday that his meeting with the Rangers was 'great' and he added he was 'pleasantly surprised.' Garber would not comment on whether an offer was made. The Rangers don't want to go six years for Wilson and five years is likely beyond their comfort zone as well."
- Rangers discussing another deal with Orioles? - The Dallas Morning News - "One possibility is returning right-handed reliever Koji Uehara to the Orioles. The Rangers dropped an ineffective Uehara from the World Series roster. He will earn $4 million this season."
- Twitter / @jcrasnick - "Rangers are talking to the reps for Hamilton, Cruz, Kinsler & Napoli to gauge the possibility of longterm deals. Nothing imminent."
- Twitter / @JeffWilson_FWST - "A's asking price for Andrew Bailey currently too much for #Rangers to seriously consider."
- Nolan Ryan speaks… - T.R. Sullivan - "On a long-term contract for Josh Hamilton: 'Josh is a very unique player and has had a big impact on the organization. He’s a big part of our organization. If we didn’t have him, it would leave a big hole in our lineup. You just can’t replace Josh Hamilton.'"
- Darren Oliver Headed Back To Rangers - MLB Daily Dish
Free-agent left-handed reliever Darren Oliver appears to be headed back to the Texas Rangers.
- Rangers focused on Wilson - T.R. Sullivan
"The Rangers seem focused on trying to make their best effort to re-sign C.J. Wilson. There are even indications that the Rangers interest in Mark Buehrle is not as strong as it once was."