The C.J. Wilson sweepstakes are heating up right now. Let's round up the latest rumors for the free-agent starting pitcher:
- The Miami Marlins are offering C.J. Wilson six-years, according to Tom Verducci of MLB Network. If the reports are true - and the six-years comes with a similar value of the Angels' offer - the Marlins are definitely the favorite as of right now.
- Wilson's decision isn't expected until late tonight, or possibly tomorrow, reports Dan Kobler of CBS Sports
- Marlins' biggest competitor for Wilson are the Los Angeles Angels. The Angels appear to be closing in on the Southern California native, reports Joe Frisaro of MLB.com.
- Is it time to count the Texas Rangers out of the running? Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram is reporting the team isn't going to six-years for Wilson.
- C.J. Wilson is likely to sign with the Miami Marlins, if the Angels don't increase their offer to six-years, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.
- The Washington Nationals aren't in on Wilson, but could be in on Mark Buehrle, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.