AL East Standings
The Yanks have now dropped 4 in a row.
- According to Bryan Hoch and Thomas Boorstein of MLB.com, Jorge Posada insisted that he asked to be taken out of Saturday's lineup because of a stiff back, and that had nothing to do with his slot in the batting order. He also commented that he was "irked that Cashman had made an announcement of his situation during the game."
- The St. Petersburg Times reports that it could be well into June before Jeff Niemann, who is dealing with a strained lower back, returns to the mound.
- The Baltimore Sun writes that Orioles RHP Justin Duchscherer will throw three innings in Sarasota as part of extended spring training rehab.
- It's About the Money speculates that the Posada situation is "a flash point in some sort of issue that must have been bubbling for some time."
- Phil Hughes started a throwing program on Friday, and told the New York Post that his arm feels good, and there's no pain or tiredness.
- Freddy Garcia is looking to stop a Red Sox sweep on Yankees' home turf, writes John Schlegel.