In his latest column, ESPN's Buster Olney discusses several problematic issues regarding Marlins ace Josh Johnson. Not only did he get placed on the 15-day DL yesterday, but several people noted to Olney that his velocity and fastball percentage in his previous start were significantly lower than ever before in his career.
It's the last day of the first interleague series in 2011; Let's take a look at Olney's other rumors on this Sunday morning.
- Olney says Sandy Alderson is in no hurry to make moves. It's not yet known who in fact the Mets will look to trade, but Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran, and Francisco Rodriguez make the most sense.
- According to someone who Olney spoke with, Angels southpaw Scott Kazmir might return as a relief pitcher.
- Olney quotes Troy Renck saying that the Rockies need to call up LHP Rex Brothers "now." After the Rockies traded Franklin Morales to the Red Sox, many thought that would trigger a Brothers call up. As of now, it did not.
- Brian Roberts concussion injuries are a bit more concerning, writes Olney. Roberts has missed significant time of recent with the concussion injury.
- Lastly, Josh Beckett is feeling much better, writes Olney, and should be set to make his next start.