Rob Neyer's latest includes assurances that A-Rod's cousin is being properly monitored, Paul Maholm's misfortune, how someone needs to do a spiritual cleansing or something to get rid of the bad spirits in Minnesota, a great story about the greatest Mets' comeback in a decade, and Barry Zito "pitching" again. Onward!
- Alex Rodriguez's Cousin Being Monitored By MLB After He Was Seen At Team Hotel: Alex Rodriguez has reportedly allowed his cousin, Yuri Sucart, to travel with him this season. Sucart was banned from non-public Yankees facilities after A-Rod admitted his cousin injected him with PEDs.
- Pirates' Paul Maholm Looking For Some Luck: Pittsburgh's Paul Maholm, scheduled to start against the Mets Thursday afternoon, owns a 2-7 record despite a career-best 3.18 ERA. And he's not MLB's only pitcher abused by Lady Luck this spring.
- Pirates Vs. Mets: New Yorkers Mount Biggest Comeback Since 2000: Down 7-0 after three innings, the New York Mets pulled off their biggest comeback win since 2000 to beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 9-8 and gain split of their four-game series.
- Twins Lose Sluggers Jason Kubel And Jim Thome To DL: Already racked by injuries, the Minnesota Twins are placing both Jim Thome and Jason Kubel on the Disabled List with leg injuries. And at 17-37, the last-place Twins' deep hole gets even deeper.
- Zito's Almost Ready For First Rehab Start: "Pitching."