Jon Heyman is reporting this morning that unlike previous years, there is no clear consensus number one overall pick. As it stands, the Pirates are still weighing their options with either UCLA's Gerrit Cole or University of Virginia's Danny Hultzen. The decision comes down, as always, to the eternal baseball drafting question: biggest upside (Cole) or surest thing (Hultzen)?
Regardless, the top picks are all considered quality talents and each team will have extremely high expectations.
Here are Heyman's latest (final?) top 10 picks:
1. Pittsburgh Pirates - Gerrit Cole, RHP, UCLA
2. Seattle Mariners - Anthony Rendon, 3B, Rice
3. Arizona Diamondbacks - Trevor Bauer, RHP, UCLA
4. Baltimore Orioles - Dylan Bundy, RHP, Owasso (Okla.) HS
5. Kansas City Royals - Danny Hultzen, LHP, Virginia
6. Washington Nationals - Bubba Starling, OF, Gardner Edgerton (Kan.) HS
7. Arizona Diamondbacks - Sonny Gray, RHP, Vanderbilt
8. Cleveland Indians - Matt Barnes, RHP, UConn
9. Chicago Cubs - Archie Bradley, RHP, Broken Arrow (Okla.) HS
10. San Diego Padres - Francisco Lindor, SS, Montverde (Fla.) Academy
As always, stay right here for the latest news and rumors from all of baseball's best experts and analysts.