- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez left Thursday's game with a wrist injury -- one that dates back to August of 2010.
- The Rockies have placed him on the 15-day DL, and recalled INF/OF Eric Young Jr to take his place.
- Troy Renck of the Denver Post also tweets that this will give the team a chance to audition Young, if they decide to package him as part of a trade. The Rockies nearly traded him last winter for the Texas Rangers' Michael Young
- The Rockies, who are now sellers, are listening on Ty Wigginton, Ryan Spilborghs, Chris Iannetta and Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Renck says he expects at least two trades, and calls an Ubaldo trade a "longshot."
- Lastly, he calls this Iannetta's last year: either he's traded this month, or he's traded in the offseason.
- Among teams interested in Iannetta are the Pirates and the Indians, and Boston has had "on-and-off interest" in him.