- Alex Rodriguez returned from the disabled list on Sunday. The team optioned Aaron Laffey to the minors to clear a roster spot for A-Rod.
- Brewers' RHP Chris Narveson was activated from the disabled list for Monday's game, and INF Felipe Lopez was designated for assignment as a result.
- Orioles LHP Zach Britton is scheduled to start for the team tonight, and will need to be activated from the disabled list. No word yet on what the roster move will be to match.
- Padres' reliever Ernesto Frieri was activated on Sunday from the 15-day DL, with reliever Pat Neshek being designated for assignment.
Newly Hurt, but Not Yet Headed to the Disabled List
- Travis Hafner left Sunday's game with "a right foot injury". He is scheduled for an MRI on Monday, and this can't be good for his status for the season. This isn't his first foot injury of the season, but he didn't need a DL stint then. UPDATE: Hafner was placed on the disabled list this afternoon.
- Rafael Furcal missed a second straight game on Sunday night after tripping during batting practice. No, really. That's why he was out on Sunday. He could be out a while, which isn't really the Cardinals needed to see.
- Frank Francisco was unavailable to pitch in Sunday's game after trying to warm up. He will be evaluated before Tuesday's game. Within the same notebook, Gregor Chisholm tells us that Adam Lind could return to the team on Tuesday after being hit on the wrist by a pitch on Saturday.
Headed Out to the Disabled List
- Giants' RHP Brian Wilson was placed on the disabled list, retroactive to August 15th.
- Twins' RHP Nick Blackburn left his start early on Sunday, and will likely be placed on the disabled list.
- Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins left Sunday's game with a groin strain in the 3rd inning, and is expected to have an MRI on Monday as well. Within that notebook, we also hear that Placido Polanco will likely be activated on Monday. UPDATE: Rollins has been placed on the disabled list.