- The Rockies activated the newly acquired Alex White to make the start on Tuesday. Edmer Escalona was placed on the disabled list to make room.
- The Giants activated OF Carlos Beltran prior to Tuesday's game, and placed LHP Jonathan Sanchez on the DL to clear the spot.
- The Reds activated RHP Jared Burton from the 60-day disabled list, but then optioned him to the minors.
Newly Hurt, But Not Headed to the Disabled List Yet
- The scariest injury news last night was probably Adam Jones. Jones was released from the hospital this morning after being sent to the hospital with shortness of breath and chest pains during yesterday's game. He sounds like he should be fine going forward, but it's worth monitoring.
- Alex Rodriguez did not play on Tuesday night due to a jammed thumb.
- Justin Upton left yesterday's game after being hit in the elbow by a Jordan Zimmermann pitch.
On the Disabled List
- Braves' RHP Tommy Hanson had a setback yesterday, as he experienced shoulder soreness after his bullpen session on Monday. He will not be making his rehab start on Saturday as a result.
- The Pirates placed OF Ryan Ludwick on the disabled list with back spasms. The move cleared a roster spot for LHP Aaron Thompson, Wednesday's starting pitcher.
- Indians' OF Grady Sizemore took batting practice on Wednesday, and could be nearing closer to a return from the DL.
- The Phillies placed LHP Cole Hamels on the disabled list retroactive to the 13th. He is currently scheduled to start on Monday, and this was more of a move to get an extra player on the roster.
- Jason Marquis' season is officially over after being transferred to the 60-day DL to make room for the newly acquired John McDonald on the roster.
- Jon Niese was placed on the disabled list this morning with an intercostal strain. Within the same notebook, we hear that Scott Hairston is likely headed to the disabled list as well.
- The Pirates placed Steven Pearce on the disabled list with a broken finger.
- Jose Contreras will have elbow surgery, and will miss the remainder of the season.
- Reds' RHP Logan Ondrusek will wait to see whether he will be activated from the DL today.