With another week done, here's some of the top stories from MLB Daily Dish. We saw a lot of players placed on waivers, although not a lot of moves were completed.
- The Blue Jays and Diamondbacks matched up on a bit of a challenge trade, with 2B Aaron Hill and SS John McDonald headed to Arizona for 2B Kelly Johnson.
- The Cardinals will exercise the options on Adam Wainwright's contract.
- Heath Bell was claimed by the Giants, but weren't able to come to a deal.
- Carlos Pena was claimed by the Yankees, but the team pulled him back from waivers.
- Wandy Rodriguez was claimed by the Rockies, but weren't able to make a deal either.
- The one player who was claimed and traded this week was Jim Thome, who returned to Cleveland.
- The Rockies acquired 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff from the Athletics, shortly after he was discussed as a trade candidate for the Rockies' 3B Position.
- The Marlins designated for assignment Dewayne Wise, who was acquired by the Blue Jays later in the week.
- We started our series of 5 Questions with each of the team blogs here in Baseball Nation as we sat down with Jeff Sullivan of Lookout Landing, Jim McLennan of AZ Snake Pit, and Charlie Wilmoth of Bucs Dugout.
- Vito Chirco followed up on one of the players traded to the Marlins back in 2008, catcher Mike Rabelo.
- Eli Greenspan ran an interview he did back in 2008 with the recently passed Mike Flanagan.
Don't forget to take a look at the new SBNation iPhone App, where you can stay up to date on all the topics here at MLB Daily Dish.