With the expansion of the rosters yesterday, we're likely to see less players moved onto the disabled list. But there's still a lot of injury news to cover. Many of the activations done on Thursday were made due to this roster expansion. Unless otherwise noted, all moves found were found on MLB.COM's transaction page.
- The Red Sox will activate Kevin Youkilis from the disabled list today.
- The Tigers activated 2B Carlos Guillen from the disabled list.
- The Rangers activated 3B Adrian Beltre, and also IF Andres Blanco.
- The Reds activated OF Chris Heisey on Thursday, and he promptly hit a 3-run, pinch-hit homerun in the game yesterday.
- The Diamondbacks brought back IF Geoff Blum and LHP Alberto Castillo.
- The Dodgers activated rookie SS Dee Gordon.
- The Blue Jays activated closer Jon Rauch.
- The Brewers activated OF Carlos Gomez.
- The Astros activated RHP Enerio del Rosario.
- The Mariners activated C Chris Gimenez from the 60-day DL.
- The Rays activated OF Justin Ruggiano.
- The Nationals activated P Doug Slaten.
Newly Hurt, but Not Headed to the Disabled List
- Mark Teixeira left Thursday's game with a bruised knee.
- Nationals' OF Laynce Nix left the game on Thursday with a strained groin.
- Mets' C Josh Thole was hit in the hand by a pitch, and left the game as a result.
- Angels' IF Maicer Izturis left the game with a right thigh contusion.
On the Disabled List
- Stephen Strasburg made his last rehab start last night, and will return to the Nationals on September 6th.
- It's been a lost season for Indians' OF Shin-Soo Choo, as he was placed on the disabled list again on Thursday.
- The Mets made a procedural move, shifting Daniel Murphy from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day version.
- The Yankees did the same, moving OF Justin Maxwell to the 60-day disabled list.
- Marlins SS Hanley Ramirez is contemplating shoulder surgery this offseason. Within the same notebook, GM Larry Beinfest noted that RHP Josh Johnson will throw soon.