Here are some news, notes and rumors from around the toughest division in baseball, the American League East.
- Dan Connolly from the Baltimore Sun says that while the Baltimore Orioles do indeed want another outfielder, that does not mean Adam Jones will be traded.
- Ken Rosenthal from FOX Sports says the Orioles are pursuing Edwin Jackson and Paul Maholm.
- Jon Heyman from CBS Sports says that the New York Yankees are desperately seeking out a number two starter and have their eyes on Jackson.
- Rob Bradford from WEEI says that while the Boston Red Sox want Hiroku Kuroda, his price exceeds their remaining pay roll and they would have to move a current roster player.
- Rosenthal says that the Toronto Blue Jays are unlikely to acquire Matt Garza, starting pitcher with the Chicago Cubs.
- Andy Martino from the New York Daily News says that the Yankees have until Friday to negotiate with Hiroyuki Nakajima, Japanese short stop they recently signed.