Things were busy on the East Coast in both leagues on Monday.
The only signing to come out of the NL East was a minor one, but there were plenty of rumors to keep the Tuesday morning water cooler busy.
Despite their claims last week that their roster was essentially squared away, the Washington Nationals have been the biggest news-maker in the division thus far, with the Philadelphia Phillies close behind. Some of the biggest free-agent names could very well end up calling the NL East home by the time Thursday rolls around.
Here's a quick recap of Monday's NL East action:
Signings / Acquisitons
- Nationals shopping 1B/OF Mike Morse and 2B Danny Espinosa to Rays?
- Nationals among eight teams interested in LHP Sean Burnett
- Nationals interested in RHP James Shields
- Phillies mulling trades for CFs Dexter Fowler and Peter Bourjos
- New York Mets serious about trading RHP R.A. Dickey
- Former Phillies RHP Brad Lidge plans to retire
- David Wright's contract extension with Mets becomes official