What started out as a very slow second day picked up as the evening went along, as Tuesday as the Winter Meetings finished with five signings and the meetings’ first two trades.
The two biggest names – Zack Greinke and Josh Hamilton – remain on the market, but the Dodgers and Rangers, respectively, appear to have a bead on the free-agent pair.
Since it’s difficult enough to keep track of what’s going on with your own team at the winter meetings – let alone the entire league – we’ve broken down all of Day 2’s action by division.
Here’s quick bullet point look at what went on with the NL West on Tuesday:
Signings / Acquisitions
- San Francisco Giants re-sign SS Marco Scutaro to a three-year, $20 million deal
- Arizona Diamondbacks sign 1B/OF Eric Hinske to a one-year contract
- Colorado Rockies acquire RHP Wilton Lopez, PTBNL from the Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Dodgers remain the favorites to sign RHP Zack Greinke
- D’Backs involved in potential four-team trade for SS Asdrubal Cabrera?
- D'Backs escalating trade talk on OF Jason Kubel
- Dodgers among six teams targeting RHP Anibal Sanchez
In case you missed it, here is a rundown of what happened in the NL West on Day 1. Be sure to check back in tomorrow for a full run-down of Day 3 at the winter meetings.