What started out as a very slow second day picked up as the evening went along, as Tuesday as the Winter Meetings finished with five signings and the meetings’ first two trades.
The two biggest names – Zack Greinke and Josh Hamilton – remain on the market, but the Dodgers and Rangers, respectively, appear to have a bead on the free-agent pair.
Since it’s difficult enough to keep track of what’s going on with your own team at the winter meetings – let alone the entire league – we’ve broken down all of Day 2’s action by division.
Here’s quick bullet point look at what went on with the AL Central on Tuesday:
Signings / Acquisitions
- Still nothing! Pick it up, AL Central!
- Cleveland Indians involved in four-team trade that would send SS Asdrubal Cabrera to Arizona?
- Indians looking for up to four players in return for SS Cabrera
- Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals among six teams targeting RHP Anibal Sanchez
- Chicago White Sox getting competition from Yankees in bid to sign C A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals' talks with Mariners regarding DH Billy Butler "overblown"
In case you missed it, here is a rundown of what happened in the AL Central on Day 1. Be sure to check back in tomorrow for a full run-down of Day 3 at the winter meetings.