Here's the latest out of the Texas Rangers' camp, where Nolan Ryan had a press conference today:
- Nolan spoke about Josh Hamilton, and said "I think we're all concerned with Josh," according to Bob Nightengale.
- Anthony Andro says Nolan believes the Rangers are actually better now than they were at the same time last year, and that "pitching and nucleus are reasons."
- Richard Durrett of ESPN has another take on the same passage, and notes that last season the Rangers added Adrian Beltre, and this season they've added Yu Darvish.
- The Rangers added Tony Fernandez, former All-Star shortstop, as Special Assistant to GM Jon Daniels, according to T.R. Sullivan.
- Lone Star Ball scouts Nomar Mazara, and comes back saying the power is real, but it may not matter "unless the hit tool develops," concluding that's he's long way away.
- The Rangers acquired Kelvin De La Cruz from the Cleveland Indians, which we had yesterday.