Could the Phillies land Roy Oswalt? Jayson Stark is saying the team called around to gauge interest in Joe Blanton to clear payroll space for Oswalt, but Stark notes a deal isn't likely after speaking with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, Jr.
Other notes around the Phillies include a Q&A with Ed Wade and Jimmy Rollins and Juan Pierre contract specifics:
- Twitter / @jaysonst - "Phillies have called around to see if it's possible to move Joe Blanton to open payroll space for Roy Oswalt. Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. on whether he saw any move out there that would free $ to sign Oswalt: "I don't see how that's possible." Amaro admitted Phillies have had "dialogue" with Oswalt but said fitting him now isn't feasible."
Countdown to Clearwater: Q & A with Phils' Ed Wade
Ed Wade joined Jim Salisbury on the set of Phillies Hot Stove and talked, among other things, about his trades with the Phils while he was in Houston.
- Details of the Rollins Deal " The Zo Zone
"Here are the specifics of Jimmy Rollins‘ new deal with the Phillies: 2012: $11 million 2013: $11 million 2014: $11 million 2015: Club option for $8 million. If not exercised, Rollins has a player option for $5 million."
- Twitter / @JonHeymanCBS - "juan pierre got 800 grand plus 300 grand more in incentives on PAs from 200 up to 450. #phillies"
- Phillies Sign Juan Pierre to Minor League Deal - MLB Daily Dish
The Philadelphia Phillies are nearing a deal to sign free agent outfielder Juan Pierre (that's John Peter to you plebes) to a minor league contract, according to Jim Salisbury of CSN and confirmed by Jon Heyman of CBSSports.
- Phillies Sign Chad Qualls to 1-Year, $1.15M Deal - MLB Daily Dish
The Phillies have signed right-handed pitcher to a 1-year, $1.15 million deal according to the team.
- Philadelphia Phillies Complete Organizational Chart - MLB Daily Dish
A complete, live chart of the Phillies organization -- leadership, rosters, salaries, arbitration and options, as well as prospect rankings.