Here are some news and notes from around the National League Central this Monday afternoon.
- Jon Heyman from CBS Sports says that new Houston Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow has the right outlook for his club, but not many pieces to work with.
- Tom Haudricourt from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Corey Hart will be out for three to four weeks after tearing cartilage in his knee.
- Haudricourt also talked to MPLA executive Michael Werner who says that Ryan Braun's positive test was an isolated incident and the process does not have a confidentiality problem.
- Red Reporter, the SBNation Cincinnati Reds blog, takes a look at the Cincinnati Reds depth chart for shortstop, from the majors to the minors.
- Charlie Wilmoth from Bucs Dugout, the SBNation Pittsburgh Pirates blog, gives a Pittsburgh Pirates perspective of the six year deal that outfielder Andrew McCutchen signed last night.