- Bill Ladson of MLB.com reports that Nationals lefty John Lannan could be traded by Opening Day. A baseball source indicated that he could be traded for prospects within the next few weeks.
- Ladson also writes that the Nats have asked about Astros outfielder Jason Bourgeois several times over the last few months, though the teams aren't close to a deal. If Washington doesn't go after Bourgeois, they still have a number of candidates to fill centerfield.
- Nats Noodles asks if the new playoff format helps or hurts the Nationals' chances of a postseason berth.
- John Sickels of Minor League Ball asks if Nats prospect Bryce Harper should be put on the Opening Day roster, and whether or not he'll get 400 plate appearances this season.
- The Nats Blog runs down five of the team's non-roster invitees that "you might not know."