The Philadelphia Phillies are "actively shopping" outfielder Domonic Brown in trade talks, according to Yahoo! Sports' Jeff Passan. They could move him at this week's Winter Meetings, and are looking to sell high after his All-Star season.
Brown, 26, hit .272 with 27 HR and 83 RBI for the Phillies in 2013, earning his first All-Star appearance in a breakout season. He is under team control through 2017, so would likely be attractive to many teams looking to add to their outfield in the near future. The Phillies would be able to pursue free agent outfielders if they trade Brown, and could look at options like Nelson Cruz or Shin-Soo Choo.
Rumors of a potential Brown-for-Jose Bautista trade surfaced earlier in the offseason, but never seemed to be a serious possibility. As teams continue to talk about potential moves here in Orlando, the possibility of that swap could be considered.
- Chris Sale trade rumors: White Sox LHP drawing interest from Braves, Diamondbacks
- Jeff Samardzija trade rumors: Braves, Yankees among interested clubs
- Roy Halladay announcing retirement Monday
- David Price rumors: Dodgers have trade interest in the Rays' ace
- What Should We Make of Houston's Offseason?