Here's a roundup of today's minor moves:
Rockies sign Xavier Nady
The Colorado Rockies have signed Xavier Nady to a minor league deal and assigned him to Triple-A Colorado Springs, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com. Nady, 34, was granted his release from the Royals on Saturday after exercising the opt-out clause in his contract.
In 70 games with Triple-A Omaha, Nady hit .310 with 11 HR and 43 RBI, and has impressed scouts with his recent offensive performance. MLBDailyDish's Chris Cotillo was the first to report that the Rockies were a possible destination for the veteran.
Blue Jays sign Ramon Hernandez
The 37-year old former All-Star hit .208 with 3 HR and 6 RBI in 17 games for the Dodgers on the season, and was released on June 22nd. He will head to Triple-A to provide veteran depth for the Jays, and may be called up to the majors if the need arises due to injuries.
Indians sign Boof Bonser
Bonser, 31, was released from Triple-A Fresno by the Giants on Thursday after posting a 2-6 record and 5.87 ERA in 15 starts on the season. He last appeared in the majors in 2010 with the Athletics, and will report to Triple-A Columbus.
More from MLB Daily Dish:
- Brewers trade rumors: Yovani Gallardo has a ten-team no-trade list
- Cubs trade rumors: Matt Garza drawing interest from many teams
- Yankees rumors: Robinson Cano likely headed for free agency
- Phillies trade rumors: Red Sox, Yankees interested in Michael Young
- Join the MLBDD community and write a fanpost!