Several teams are closing in on a potential Bud Norris trade with the Astros, reports Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports:
Only moments earlier Jayson Stark of ESPN suggested that the trade chances were up around 75%, whatever that means:
Now hearing chances of Bud Norris getting traded today are up to about 75 percent. But not there yet. Multiple teams still in it.— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) July 31, 2013
- Earlier, Danny Knobler of CBS suggested the Rangers are interested and might even use him to flip for a hitter.
- Jeff Passan of Yahoo says the Pirates still have enough to deal for Norris.
- The D'backs are calling a potential Norris deal a "distant maybe," according to Jon Heyman of CBS.
The Astros scratched Norris from today's start, just in case. We'll see.
More from MLB Daily Dish:
- Phillies trade rumors: Michael Young willing to accept deal to Red Sox, Rangers
- Orioles trade rumors: Baltimore interested in Morneau, Norris, Perez, Morse
- White Sox trade rumors: Alex Rios deal unlikely
- MLB trade rumor roundup: Hours to go
- Athletics acquire Alberto Callaspo from Angels for Grant Green