SAN DIEGO -- Hello, new-look Dodgers. In a flurry of insane activity, the Dodgers have revamped their entire roster while dealing away two key assets and causing the whole baseball world to marvel at their creativity. Here's a recap of their moves:
- Agreed to acquire Jimmy Rollins from the Phillies for two unknown young pitchers
- Agreed to trade Dee Gordon, Dan Haren and Miguel Rojas to the Marlins in exchange for Andrew Heaney, Chris Hatcher, Austin Barnes and Kike Hernandez
- Agreed to acquire Howie Kendrick from the Angels in exchange for Heaney, who was just acquired
- Are closing in on a four-year deal with Brandon McCarthy, which is pending last minute haggling over dollars
- Agreed to trade Matt Kemp and Tim Federowicz to the Padres in exchange for Yasmani Grandal, Joe Wieland, and a prospect that is likely Zach Eflin.