- The New York Yankees placed right-handed starter Ivan Nova on the 15-day DL with a ulnar collateral ligament injury in his right elbow, according to a team announcement. The team also optioned Scott Sizemore to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and designated right-hander Matt Daley for assignment in a pair of corresponding moves.
- The Minnesota Twins claimed outfielder Sam Fuld off waivers from the Oakland Athletics, the team announced. Fuld, who has a .200/.273/.433 slash line in 30 at-bats this season, is a .233 career hitter known primarily for his defense. He'll provide some much-welcome depth for a Minnesota outfield that has struggling thus far. To make room for Fuld on the roster, the Twins designated outfielder Darin Mastroianni for assignment.
- The New York Yankees made a series of moves on Sunday, most notably activating first baseman Mark Teixeira from the 15-day DL, as the team announced. The Yanks also recalled right-handers Preston Claiborne and Bryan Mitchell from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- The Detroit Tigers released shortstop Alex Gonzalez, according to a team announcement, and purchased the contract of third baseman Danny Worth from Triple-A Toledo. Gonzalez, a 16-year veteran, was batting .167 in 30 at-bats prior to his release.
- The Seattle Mariners recalled right-hander Brandon Maurer from Triple-A Tacoma, optioning outfielder James Jones down to Triple-A, according to a team announcement.
- The Milwaukee Brewers activated first baseman Lyle Overbay from the paternity list, placing left fielder Logan Schafer on the 15-day DL with a strained right hamstring, per a team announcement. The move is retroactive to April 18.
- Pittsburgh Pirates starter Gerrit Cole pitched eight strong innings on Sunday, allowing a run on only six hits and a walk. The Pirates fell to the Milwaukee Brewers by a score of 3-2, despite Cole's effort.
- Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard went 4-for-5, hit his fourth home run of the season and drove in three runs as the Phillies beat the Colorado Rockies, 10-9.