- The Miami Marlins placed right-hander Jose Fernandez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 10, with a right elbow strain. According to the Sun Sentinal's Juan C. Rodriguez, the Marlins phenom will likely undergo season-ending surgery. In a corresponding move, the Marlins recalled Dan Jennings form Triple-A New Orleans.
- The Toronto Blue Jays were busy on Monday, recalling right-hander Chad Jenkins and Jonathan Diaz from Triple-A Buffalo while optioning Erik Kratz to Triple-A and placing right-handed reliever Sergio Santos on the 15-day DL, retroactive to May 11, with forearm tenderness, according to a team announcement.
- The Los Angeles Angels placed third baseman Ian Stewart on the 15-day DL with a left hand contusion and recalled Luis Jimenez from Triple-A Salt Lake, the team announced.
- The San Francisco Giants activated left-hander David Huff from the 15-day DL and optioned outfielder Juan Perez to Triple-A Fresno, according to a team announcement.
- The Los Angeles Angels sent Buddy Boshers outright to Triple-A Salt Lake, according to the MLB.com transaction page.
- The Philadelphia Phillies sent Jayson Nix outright to Triple-A Lehigh Valley, per a team announcement.
- The Baltimore Orioles recalled right-hander Preston Guilmet from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned T.J. McFarland to Triple-A, the team announced.
- The Washington Nationals signed Greg Dobbs to a minor league contract, according to a team announcement.
- The Blue Jays claimed center fielder Kenny Wilson off waivers from the Minnesota Twins and optioned him to Double-A New Hampshire, per a team announcement.
- Rehab Assignments: Jaime Garcia (Memphis), Jason Motte (Memphis), Ethan Martin (LeHigh Valley), Darin Ruf (LeHigh Valley), Casey Kelly (San Antonio)