- The Milwaukee Brewers placed third baseman Aramis Ramirez on the 15-day DL, retroactive to May 11, with a strained left hamstring, while activating right fielder Ryan Braun from the 15-day DL to take Ramirez's spot, the team announced.
- The Kansas City Royals placed second baseman Omar Infante on the 15-day DL, retroactive to May 7, with lower back disc irritation. The team purchased infielder Pedro Ciriaco's contract from Triple-A Omaha to fill the empty roster spot, according to a team announcement.
- The New York Yankees placed right-hander Shawn Kelley on the 15-day DL, retroactive to May 7, with back stiffness. The team recalled outfielder Zoilo Almonte from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, per a team announcement.
- The St. Louis Cardinals made a pair of corresponding roster moves on Tuesday, placing left-hander Tyler Lyons on the 15-day DL and optioning right-hander Eric Fornataro to Triple-A Memphis while recalling left-hander Sam Freeman and right-hander Jorge Rondon from Triple-A to fill the vacancies, the team announced.
- The New York Mets placed right-hander Gonzalez Germen on the 15-day DL with a virus, retroactive to May 6, and recalled right-handed starter Jacob deGrom (who will pitch in the bullpen) from Triple-A Las Vegas, according to a team announcement.
- The San Diego Padres activated left fielder Carlos Quentin from the 15-day DL and optioned outfielder/first baseman Kyle Blanks to Triple-A El Paso, the team announced.
- The Padres placed right-hander Dale Thayer on the paternity list and recalled right-hander Kevin Quackenbush from Triple-A, per a team announcement.
- The Brewers recalled outfielder Elian Herrera from Triple-A Nashville and optioned outfielder Caleb Gindl to Triple-A, according to a team announcement.
- The Los Angeles Angels recalled right-hander Matt Shoemaker from Triple-A Salt Lake and optioned right-handed reliever Cory Rasmus to Triple-A, according to the MLB.com transaction page. Shoemaker picked up his first career win on Tuesday night.
- The Colorado Rockies optioned middle infielder Josh Rutledge to Triple-A Colorado Springs, the team announced.
- The Toronto Blue Jays optioned shortstop Jonathan Diaz to Triple-A Buffalo and recalled outfielder Kevin Pillar from Triple-A, per a team announcement.
- Miami Marlins right-hander Jose Fernandez is likely to undergo season-ending surgery after being diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament, according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman.
- The Atlanta Braves signed outfielder Justin Greene to a minor league contract,
- The Los Angeles Angels signed outfielder Erik Komatsu to a minor league contract
- Rehab Assignments: Devin Mesoraco (Louisville)