- The New York Yankees placed right-handed starter Michael Pineda on the 15-day DL with a right should muscle injury and activated shortstop Brendan Ryan from the 15-day DL in a corresponding move, according to MLB.com's Bryan Hoch.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks placed right-hander J.J. Putz on the 15-day DL, retroactive to May 4, with right forearm tightness, according to a team announcement. The DBacks purchasing the contract of right-hander Evan Marshall to replace Putz on the roster.
- The Cincinnati Reds officially placed right fielder Jay Bruce on the 15-day DL, retroactive to May 5, and purchased the contract of outfielder Roger Bernadina from Triple-A Louisville in a corresponding move, the team announced.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers activated left-handed starter Clayton Kershaw from the 15-day DL and optioned right-hander Pedro Baez to Double-A Chattanooga, the team announced. Kershaw pitched seven shutout innings in his return on Tuesday.
- The Detroit Tigers purchased the contract of left-hander Robbie Ray from Triple-A Toledo and optioned right-hander Jose Ortega to Triple-A, the team announced. Ray allowed one run across 5.1 innings on Tuesday, surrendering just five hits and a walk as he picked up his first big league win.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates optioned left-hander Jeff Locke to Triple-A Indianapolis and recalled right-hander Phil Irwin from Triple-A, according to a team announcement.
- The San Francisco Giants recalled right-hander George Kontos from Triple-A Fresno and optioned right-hander Jake Dunning to Triple-A in a corresponding move, the team announced.
- The Cleveland Indians designated catcher George Kottaras for assignment and recalled right-hander Josh Tomlin from Triple-A Columbus, per a team announcement.
- The Washington Nationals recalled right-hander Blake Treinen from Triple-A Syracuse and optioned right-hander Ryan Mattheus to Triple-A, per a team announcement.
- The Tampa Bay Rays recalled right-hander Brad Boxberger from Triple-A Durham and optioned right-hander Nate Karns to Triple-A, the team announced.
- The Baltimore Orioles recalled left-hander T.J. McFarland from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned right-hander Brad Brach to Triple-A, according to a team announcement.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks optioned right-hander Mike Bolsinger to Triple-A Reno and recalled right-hander Chase Anderson from Double-A Mobile, per a team announcement.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates offered prospect Gregory Polanco a seven-year extension this offseason, as written about by our own Justin Millar (and reported by Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan):
The Pittsburgh Pirates reportedly offered top prospect Gregory Polanco a seven-year deal despite the fact that he has yet to reach the big leagues. According to Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan (who first reported the story), the contract would've guaranteed the young outfielder slightly less than $25 million, buying out all six year's of team control, as well as a free agent season. The deal would have also netted Pittsburgh three club options, which would have brought the total (were all exercised) to ten years and $50-$60 million.
- Rehab Assignments: Aroldis Chapman (Louisville), Joe Saunders (Frisco), Jose Veras (Tennessee)