- The Boston Red Sox placed first baseman Mike Carp on the 15-day DL, retroactive to June 1, with a fractured right foot. The team recalled Daniel Nava from Triple-A Pawtucket to fill the roster spot. (Via Red Sox Twitter account)
- The New York Mets recalled placed center fielder Juan Lagares on the 15-day DL with a right intercostal strain and recalled Matt den Dekker from Triple-A Las Vegas, the team announced.
- The Baltimore Orioles purchased the contract of left-hander Johan Santana from Triple-A Norfolk and placed him on the 15-day DL, according to a team announcement.
- The Red Sox recalled shortstop Stephen Drew from Triple-A Pawtucket and optioned Garin Cecchini down to Triple-A, the team announced.
- The Chicago White Sox activated first baseman Jose Abreu from the 15-day DL and optioned Marcus Semien down to Triple-A Charlotte, per a team announcement.
- The Kansas City Royals purchased the contract of Wilking Rodriguez from Triple-A Omaha and optioned Louis Coleman down to Triple-A. The team also designated left-hander Justin Marks for assignment and transferred right-hander Luke Hochevar from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL as he recovers from Jommy John surgery from March. (Via Royals Twitter account)
- The Miami Marlins activated right-hander Bryan Morris and optioned Arquimedes Caminero to Triple-A New Orleans, according to the Miami Herald's Clark Spencer.
- The Cleveland Indians recalled Nick Hagadone from Triple-A Columbus and optioned Mark Lowe down to Triple-A, according to a team announcement.
- The Los Angeles Angels optioned right-hander Jarrett Grube to Triple-A Salt Lake, the team announced.
- The Royals claimed right-hander Blake Wood off waivers from the Cleveland Indians and optioned him to Triple-A Omaha, the team announced.
- The Atlanta Braves signed free agent right-hander Terry Doyle to a minor league contract, according to the MLB transaction page.
- Rehab Assignments: Mets RHP Gonzalez Germen (St. Lucie), Pirates RHP Stolmy Pimentel (Bradenton)