- The Colorado Rockies placed left fielder Carlos Gonzalez on the 15-day DL with left index finger inflammation, designated catcher Jordan Pacheco for assignment and recalled Ryan Wheeler and Michael McKenry from Triple-A Colorado Springs. (Via Rockies Twitter account)
- The Texas Rangers placed right-hander Alexei Ogando on the 15-day DL with right elbow inflammation and recalled Aaron Poreda from Triple-A Round Rock, according to Rangers VP of Communications John Blake.
- The Milwaukee Brewers activated third baseman Aramis Ramirez from the 15-day DL and optioned Elian Herrera to Triple-A Nashville, the team announced.
- The Miami Marlins optioned Derek Dietrich to Triple-A New Orleans, purchased the contract of Justin Bour from Triple-A and transferred right-hander Carter Capps from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL with a right elbow sprain. (Via Marlins Twitter account)
- The New York Yankees recalled Jose Ramirez from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and optioned Preston Claiborne down to Triple-A, according to a team announcement. The team also designated right-hander Alfredo Aceves for assignment and activated left-hander Wade LeBlanc.
- The Detroit Tigers recalled shortstop Eugenio Suarez from Triple-A Toledo and designated shortstop Danny Worth for assignment, the team announced.
- The San Diego Padres recalled Jace Peterson from Triple-A El Paso and optioned Jesse Hahn down to Double-A San Antonio, per a team announcement.
- Los Angeles Angels center fielder Mike Trout underwent an MRI on Wednesday, and according to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez, the results came back clean, with only inflammation in Trout's mid/left back. He was out of the lineup for Wednesday's game, but an extended absence doesn't seem likely as long as the inflammation eases up.
- The Philadelphia Phillies signed free agent first baseman Rusty Ryal to a minor league contract, according to The Express-Times' Greg Joyce.