San Diego was expected to be the most active team in the National League West, however the Dodgers and Rockies were both active. The Giants only made one deal but it might be enough for the club to compete for a playoff spot.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Games back in Division: --
Games back of Wild Card: --
- Acquired Mat Latos and Michael Morse from the Marlins for Kevin Guzman, Jeff Brigham, and Victor Araujo.
- Acquired Jose Peraza, Alex Wood, Luis Avilan, Jim Johnson and Bronson Arroyo in exchange for Hector Olivera, Paco Rodriguez, and Zachary Bird.
- Acquired Jose Tabata from the Pirates in exchange for Michael Morse.
- Lost Preston Guilmet via a waiver claim.
- Justin Turner, right thigh skin infection
- Hyu-Jin Ryu, recovering from shoulder surgery
- Brandon McCarthy, recovering from Tommy John surgery
- Chris Hatcher, left oblique strain
- Carlos Frias, lower back tightness
- Bronson Arroyo, recovering from Tommy John surgery
San Francisco Giants
Games back in Division: 3.0
Games back of Wild Card: 2.5
- Acquired Mike Leake from the Reds in exchange for Keury Mella and Adam Duvall.
- Andrew Susac, right thumb sprain
- Marco Scutaro, back
- Joe Panik, lower back inflammation
- Tim Lincecum, right forearm contusion
- Mike Leake, left hamstring strain
- Tim Hudson, right shoulder strain
- Traded J.C. Ramirez to the Mariners.
- Gerald Laird, recovering from back surgery
- Philip Gosselin, recovering from thumb surgery
- Tuffy Gosewisch, recovering from right knee surgery
- Randall Delgado, right ankle sprain
- Archie Bradley, right shoulder tendinitis
San Diego Padres
Games back in Division: 10.5
Games back of Wild Card: 10.0
- Acquired Marc Rzepcyznski from the Indians in exchange for Abraham Almonte.
- Cory Spangenberg, left knee contusion
- Wil Myers, recovering from left wrist surgery
- Brandon Morrow, right shoulder impingement
- Marcos Mateo, strained neck
- Cory Luebke, flexor strain in left elbow
- Josh Johnson, recovering from Tommy John surgery
- Traded Troy Tulowitzkin and LaTroy Hawkins to Toronto in exchange for Jose Reyes, Jeff Hoffman, Miguel Castro, and Jesus Tinoco.
- Adam Ottavino, recovering from Tommy John surgery
- Justin Morneau, cervical strain
- Jordan Lyles, recovering from toe surgery
- Kyle Kendrick, right shoulder inflammation
- David Hale, mild left groin strain
- Corey Dickerson, right rib non-displaced fracture
- Tyler Chatwood, recovering from Tommy John surgery.
- Brooks Brown, right shoulder inflammation
- Chad Bettis, right elbow inflammation
- Tyler Anderson, stress fracture in right elbow