Former Toronto General Manager and current Dodgers Vice President of Baseball Operations Alex Anthopoulos told the Diamondbacks he isn’t interested in being considered for their GM position, according to Today’s Knuckleball’s Jon Heyman.
Anthopoulos also declined to meet with the Twins, who were interested in interviewing him for their president of baseball operations role.
Arizona started its search after parting with Dave Stewart on Monday. The Diamondbacks are known for lacking front office stability, but since there are so few GM jobs available, the organization shouldn’t have difficulty finding Stewart’s successor.
More from around the National League West:
- As a result of consistent rain at Nationals Park on Saturday, game two is now set for Sunday, with a trip to Los Angeles following the game for both clubs.
- While some will say the Giants “snuck” into the playoffs, San Francisco played better than its record indicates.
- Colorado’s owner was reportedly interested in offering Walt Weiss a contract extension before he resigned.
- Hunter Renfroe ended the season with the Padres on a notably positive note.
- Arizona’s success within the next five years depends almost exclusively on who they hire to be their GM.