Houston placed first baseman Jon Singleton on outright waivers, according to Jake Kaplan of the Houston Chronicle.
Singleton is expected to clear waivers Tuesday, according to Kaplan, and will likely be optioned to Triple-A.
Singleton, 25, last appeared in the majors in 2015 and batted .191/.328/.298 with one home run and six RBIs over 19 games with Houston.
More from around the American League West:
- The Astros acquired Brian McCann, who should give the club valuable left-handed hitting depth.
- Texas didn’t take very long to add starting pitching help, signing Andrew Cashner to improve its starting rotation.
- Felix Hernandez is going to be pitching again soon, which is great news for the Mariners.
- Mike Trout won his second MVP award and it seems genuinely appreciated it.
- There is a chance the Athletics would really benefit from adding Brandon Moss.