While Zach Britton is most likely off the trading table for Baltimore, the Orioles are still open to dealing all-star pitcher, Brad Brach. The soon to be 31-year old posted a 2.05 ERA over 79 innings in 2016, not to mention recording 92 strikeouts. He’s garnered interest from the Mets, who are looking to deepen their bullpen, but no offers have been made yet.
Here’s what else is happening in the American League East:
- The Yankees probably aren’t going to get Quintana because they’re broke, remember?
- It’s time to officially retire “Panda” and give Pablo Sandoval a new nickname for his #NewYearNewMe career.
- Drew Smyly could be on the move and the potential return in exchange for the pitcher isn’t too shabby.
- The Blue Jays front office is doing pretty well so far. Canadians everywhere rejoice.
- Baltimore has been decently quite this offseason, so come July they better bring in ‘da noise, bring in ‘da funk.
- It isn’t brand new information that the Yankees rotation is as generic as vanilla ice cream, but being a steady league average doesn’t mean the team is destined for a pathetic season.