The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning and happy hump day, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the National League East.
- The Rangers are the latest to join the long list on teams interested in Jose Quintana.
- Oh, and the Pirates too. The last time I’ve seen large groups of men zero in on someone with such intensity was a season of The Bachelorette.
- Speaking of highly sought after players this offseason, Cleveland is being fantastically extra to get Edwin Encarnacion on their roster.
- On the other side of the spectrum...if you’ve ever been rejected over and over again by various people, you now know what it’s like to be Ryan Braun.
- We’re not gonna lie, this winter’s stove is less than piping. So what needs to go down to get the temperature up? These trades.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On December 22nd, 2001, Chan Ho Park signs a five-year, $65 million deal with the Rangers.