Cleveland has signed Edwin Encarnacion to a 3-year, $60M deal. That’s the biggest deal in Cleveland franchise history. The highly sought after free agent slashed .263/.357/.529 with 42 home runs with the Blue Jays in 2016.
Here’s what else is happening around the American League Central:
- These are the most hated Royals players of all time, because why not.
- The Twins have added two names to their major league coaching staff: Jeff Smith and Jeff Pickler. Congrats, Jeffs!
- The Pirates have joined the party for teams interested in Jose Quintana, so the White Sox will be weighing their options heavily in the coming weeks.
- After dealing Cameron Maybin to the Los Angeles Angels, the Tigers are looking for their newest center fielder.
- Acquiring Encarnacion was a big move for an already solid offense. Check out what Cleveland fans and players had to say about their newest player.
- When the stoves are cold the takes are hot, and this one’s pretty piping: the Twins should trade Brian Dozier.