The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Happy Friday, baseball fans! Our stove is getting a little spark back, and we couldn’t be happier.
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the American League East.
- Cleveland has signed Edwin Encarnacion, so A+ to them for being the team that officials commits to this circus of “showing interest in”.
- But the interest must go on, and it’s found its way into the heart of the Padres for Jered Weaver.
- At least we’re getting a little action, right? The Pirates have re-signed Ivan Nova to a 3-year deal, so that’s exciting! Anyone...anyone at all?
- The Marlins bullpen literally makes no sense but hey what else is new.
- Maybe, just maybe, there’s a little hope for the Angels?
- Jurickson Profar is not past his potential stardom...yet. Confused on who we’re referencing? We figured.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On December 23rd, 2004, free agent J.D. Drew signs a five-year, $55 million deal with the Dodgers.