The Angels have made a one-year, $4M deal with veteran Ben Revere. Revere is a middle of the road lefty hitter with extraordinary speed--smart base running that Los Angeles could desperately use. The back-up outfielder has a rough 2016 season, partially due to a long lasting oblique injury.
Here’s what else is happening around the American League West:
- Speaking of important offseason trades the Angels made, here’s a look back at the Andrelton Simmons trade, one year later.
- Here are the 15 best trades of Mariners history over the past 34 years.
- Advanced statistics in conjunction with baseball sounds very scary, but it’s incredibly helpful, we promise.
- Oakland has signed righty Cuban pitcher Norge Ruiz. Good for them.
- Josh Hamilton could be signing a minor league deal with the Rangers in the near future because apparently we’re all traveling back in time.
- Guys...Mike Napoli too...reunion much?
- The Astros have new broadcast announcers, so get to know them now or risk getting that Jeopardy question wrong.