The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD and rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning, baseball fans!
Here’s a roundup of what’s going on in the American League Central.
- The Braves are targeting Orioles catcher Matt Wieters.
- The Yankees, White Sox, and Pirates are all discussing a strange three part trade that ends with Pittsburg getting Quintana. David Robertson is involved too. I guess Hot Stove Season was too cold for them, so they decided to kick it up all of the notches.
- Those Orioles fans who’ve threatened to hold their breath until Baltimore brings back Mark Trumbo may finally be seeing reprieve—hopefully sooner rather than later because that must be super taxing on the lungs.
- The Red Sox are interested in Trevor Plouffe, because nothing is sacred to the Twins.
- Here’s what one can expect out of Edwin Encarnacion come his move to Cleveland.
- Get Jason Hammel to Seattle ASAP.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks during this year’s cold and flu season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On December 28th, 1944, Buddy Lewis wins the Distinguished Flying Cross for his service in the Burma War Theater.